Today is the last class of this semester for human geo. Next semester we are moving on to western civilization and I have Mr.Fendryk and not you :( So today during class we just decided to watch jeopardy since we were done everything that needed to be done. I didn't do that well during jeopardy as I only got 4 right out of how many questions were asked. But it was really fun and we weren't doing anything important which was a sigh of relief because all day I was taking notes and working. There isn't much else to write about besides the fact that I had a really great time in this class during this semester. I wont forget the full class discussions that we always did and the studying the day before the test consistently. Thank you for everything Mr.Schick
Peters world map is a map of all the continents but labeling the countrys within them. The first thing I notice when I look at these kinds of maps, is that they are way more stretched out than other maps. So in Mercator maps it is what most kids see when they are in school and such when they are all the same size, but in Peters world map you can see a clear difference in size. Africa in Peters world map, is much larger than Africa on the Mercator map. It looks like its almost unrealistic and very stretched in the picture because we don't usually see it like this. In Mercator maps it does a good job of showing us lines of constant course and labeling key features. Mercator maps are very understandable and every body likes them since we have seen them so many times. Peters world map was more controversial and not as many people enjoyed it since it is a new and different kind of map. Sites: https://www.oxfordcartographers.com/our-maps/peters-projection-map/ https://livelearnevolve...
Longitude lines have a Meridian which it passes through 0 degrees longitude. The lines of longitude run North To South when you are looking at a map. They measure the distance east to west of the Prime Meridian. The Prime Meridian is furthest from the equator and they meet at the poles. All the lines are equal length from each other. They are each equal length east, to west, not north to south. Longitude is measured by imaginary lines running parallel to the equator and used to measure the distance in degrees north or south of the equator. That is the definition of Longitude.
Comments
Post a Comment